Vauxhall City Farm, an educational charity based in the London Borough of Lambeth that delivers its mission through a range of educational, horticultural and recreational workshops, volunteering, guided tours, riding lessons and visitor experiences of an urban farm, is currently seeking to recruit to a number of posts at the moment, including that of a Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 10th February at 11.59pm. Please forward details to anyone in your networks who may be interested in finding out more or applying. Many thanks to Tracey Fletcher of the Vauxhall City Farm for asking us to circulate details of this job opportunity.
The job advertisement reads:
“Job Description – Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser
o Salary: £30,000 per annum.
o Contract Type: Fixed Term for 2 years with strong likelihood of extension to permanent.
o Hours: 35 hours per week – some weekend work may be required
o Department/Section: Core Operations
o Accountable to: Finance Manager
Main Purpose of the Job
“To work with the CEO to help VCF achieve the income we need to deliver on our core work and new
projects. To support the development of the VCF Fundraising Strategy with the CEO. To focus on
securing medium, large and multi-year grants from trust and foundations.
1. Lead on developing Trusts and Foundations fundraising strategy and income targets for Vauxhall
City Farm projects.
2. To secure income in line with agreed fundraising target (circa £100,000) and wider organisation
3. To work with the CEO to identify suitable opportunities/funders and to develop and maintain the
4. Develop and maintain funder reporting and application systems and co-ordinating information with
5. Attract, build and secure long term and increased funding to cover core, capital and revenue
6. Develop donor relationships, produce and submit grant proposals, expressions of interests and
7. To support the CEO in preparing an annual impact report, annual review and other written
8. To work with the CEO and other Senior Team members to explore opportunities to grow income
from corporate challenge days, individual donations and other fundraising initiatives and events as
9. Oversee compliance with funding requirements, deadlines and donor and financial reporting in
collaboration with the Finance Manager.
10. Participate in the day-to-day work of the organisation – such as reporting, attending team and
Board meetings as required, and taking a flexible approach to general administrative and support
11. Support the Marketing Officer with maintaining up to date information on the website relating to
12. Collate case studies, photographs and information from the Farm for use with funding applications.
13. Support processes and systems to ensure all VCF material shared with funders is of a good quality
14. Recruit, induct and supervise volunteers as required to support the fundraising function.
• Fundraising targets are met.
• New donors/supporters recruited.
• VCF is financially sustainable.
• VCF’s programmes are fully funded.
Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser – Person Specification
o Demonstrable experience of fundraising from Trusts and Foundations
o Track record of successful applications for substantial funding from Trusts, Lottery and other
o Demonstrable ability to develop relationships with Trusts and other grant giving partners.
o Experience of researching funding opportunities from Trusts or Foundations
o Previous experience of working within a charitable environment.
Skills and Competencies
o Excellent communication skills – both written and oral and the ability to inspire confidence and
o Demonstrable knowledge of UK Trusts and Foundations.
o Ability to demonstrate initiative, be a self-starter and work well under pressure.
• Strong time management and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own work and
pay attention to detail.
o High level of attention to detail, quality control
o Able to work as part of a small team on different projects.
o Ability and willingness to travel for work
o Flexible – to support the team effort and wider work of the Farm
o High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point, Gmail and the internet).
o Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
How to apply
Application: please send your CV and a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4 minimum
font size 11) outlining:
a) Why you are interested in the role
b) The skills and experience you will bring that align with the Job Person specification
Submit to: email@example.com with ‘Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser
Vacancy’ included in the email subject heading.
o Closing date: Sunday 10th February at 11.59pm
o Interviews: interviews will take place as we receive applications.
Vauxhall City Farm
165 Tyers St
Tel: (020) 7582 4204
Registered Charity No. 281512
“The post holder must have the right to work in the UK and will be required to
provide the necessary paperwork to verify this. As the role requires close
working with children/vulnerable people the post holder will be subject to an
enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance on appointment.
“By applying for this vacancy, you consent to the safe storage and handling of any personal data you
have provided us with. We will never share your data with a third-party without your consent. You
can request the removal of your data at any time, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Further information about this and other opportunities available at Vauxhall City Farm can be found on the charity’s website.