This is the final job opportunity in the current sequence of vacancies sent in by subscribers and followers.
Transforming Plymouth Together, a joint venture between the Church Urban Fund and the Diocese of Exeter which is addressing issues related to poverty and inequality that matter to the people of Plymouth through community development practice, is currently seeking to recruit to the post of Strategic Lead Officer as the current Lead Officer has announced his retirement from the role.
Please forward details to anyone in your contact lists who may be interested in finding out more or applying. The deadline for applications is Friday 22 October 2022. Many thanks to Chris Forster, the current Strategic Lead Officer at Transforming Plymouth Together, for sending in details.
The advertisement reads:
Job Opportunity: Strategic Lead Officer at Transforming Plymouth Together
o Responsible to: Archdeacon Nick Shutt, and the TPT Board of Trustees.
o Hours: Full Time 35 hours.
o Location: Plymouth.
o Key Partners: Plymouth Churches, Plymouth City Council, Plymouth Public Health, POP, Diocese of
Exeter, CUF, CTiP.
o Salary: up to £32,000. Depending on experience. Pension Contribution: 7.5%.
o Closing date: Friday 22nd October 2021
o Interview Date: Wednesday 3rd November
“To work on behalf of the Board of Trustees to develop and deliver the business plan and strategy to ensure the ongoing sustainability and impact of TPT. To represent TPT, serving as a positive ambassador with local churches and faith organisations, communities and other partners in the voluntary and statutory sectors; being a positive leader, manager and role model for staff and volunteers. To ensure that those with lived experience of deprivation, vulnerability, and injustice are placed at heart of everything that TPT does, in order to make a lasting difference to the lives of those who are disadvantaged.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. To ensure that all the activities undertaken by TPT are in accordance with its vision, strategic aims, ethos and values.
2. To ensure the effective operation of the charity, developing processes and procedures appropriate to its size.
3. To provide leadership for the staff team, fostering a constructive team ethos and a culture of creativity,
learning and excellence, with employees and volunteers receiving appropriate support and supervision.
4. To lead the development and implementation of all work streams, securing the necessary resources and liaising directly with existing and new funders.
5. To identify suitable fundraising opportunities, developing and leading income generation approaches, and commissioning appropriate professional support.
6. To make available high-level reports and evaluations to external stakeholders, funders and trustees,
ensuring that performance data is robust, evidence-based and verifiable.
7. To liaise closely with colleagues in the Diocese of Exeter aligning, where appropriate, with its direction of travel.
8. To lead and represent TPT’s engagement with all relevant stakeholders, the Together Network and Church Urban Fund nationally, sharing good practice, facilitating a collective voice on key issues, and developing opportunities for collaboration.
9. To report to and work closely with the Board of Trustees, ensuring TPT fulfils its statutory responsibilities as an employer and charity, and fully implements all its policies, including Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities, and
10. To produce & complete financial monitoring of TPT’s budgeting, income and expenditure, whilst working with the treasurer.
The Strategic Lead Officer will work flexibly in order, as required, to accommodate events and engagements outside normal office hours, including speaking to church congregations on occasional Sunday mornings.
“There will be infrequent attendance at events elsewhere in England.
o If selected for an interview, you will have the opportunity to meet with the current Lead officer and
team during week commencing the 25th of October.
o The interview will consist of a panel and you will be required to complete a presentation to the
“A full Job description is available on the Transforming Plymouth Together website.
“For further information, please contact Chris Forster, Strategic Lead Officer on 07710 096210 or email email@example.com.
“Please send your CV and letter of application to Nick Shutt, Archdeacon of Plymouth, via Debbie Delaney PA to the Archdeacon of Plymouth at firstname.lastname@example.org.”