Clarity, a mental health charity based in Barnstaple, North Devon, which provides services and support to people experiencing mental health and emotional issues, is currently seeking to recruit a Fundraising Manager. The position is offered as either full-time, part-time or as a contract for 12 months. an application deadline has not been provided.
Please forward details to anyone in your networks who may be interested in finding out more about this post or applying. Further information is available on the Indeed website (registration is required before you can access details of any job opportunity).
The job advertisement reads:
Job Opportunity: Clarity Fundraising Manager
“Clarity is a North Devon based mental health charity. We offer much needed 1-to-1 counselling to those experiencing mental health and emotional issues without the financial means to access traditional counselling services. We additionally offer therapy groups including those dedicated to women, men, people bereaved by suicide and clients with enduring mental health issues.
“With increasing waiting lists in the health service, poor access to affordable counselling, high referral thresholds and a lack of treatment options, the need for Clarity’s services is increasing. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to access mental health support so we offer low cost counselling.
“As a charity we are funded by voluntary contributions, grants and private donations. To continue the existing services and meet the growing demands, Clarity requires a dedicated fundraising strategy that delivers critical income now and into the future.
“The purpose of the Clarity Fundraising Manager position is to create and execute a fundraising strategy that generates the critical income required to secure the future of the charity. This will ensure the continued therapeutic support given to those with Mental Health needs in North Devon.
“This is a 12-month fixed term contract. Part-time and full-time applicants are welcome. The role will be based in our Barnstaple office with flexible working options available. Candidates will need to have access to a car.
- Work with the Board of Trustees to develop and deliver a fundraising strategy which targets both grants as well as public and corporate donations.
- Design and manage a rolling, annual programme of events to raise Clarity’s income working to agreed income/expenditure targets.
- Research potential donors to gain insight into their needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to position our organisation to them.
- Grow and develop a volunteer base to support fundraising activities. Provide stewardship to this group keeping them informed about the charity’s activities, help develop the groups own plans and encourage members to act as ambassadors.
- Update the organisation’s digital platforms including the website and social media so they act as a positive fundraising tool and build the charity’s brand and reach.
- Develop a public relations strategy with a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors and promotes awareness of Clarity’s mission and work. Increase the profile of the charity and the work it does, highlighting the ways in which individuals and businesses within the local area can support its critical work.
- Set up and manage a fundraising database of donors which adheres to all data protection, fundraising and marketing fundraising legislation.
- Create marketing materials that act as critical enablers of the fundraising activities.
- Identify and manage applications to charitable trusts, grant making bodies and companies to secure funding.
- Monitor and regularly report on the fundraising budget including feedback on activities and the outcomes achieved.
- Be conversant with relevant legislation, charity commission guidance, and to have a good knowledge of the Data Protection Act.
- Plan own workload and timetable to ensure all deadlines are met on time.
- Fundraising experience with a proven track record in reaching income targets.
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills to inspire, negotiate and influence with a wide range of stakeholders to get desired results.
- Experience of setting and managing a budget and interpreting and analysing data both during and after a campaign to assess performance and help inform future strategies.
- Experience of identifying income generating opportunities and responding quickly, innovatively and successfully to secure them.
- Strong written communication skills with experience of tenders, grants and producing concise and persuasive documents.
- Experience of using appropriate IT (eg Microsoft Office suite) and programmes associated with the role including databases and digital platforms.
- Experience of managing internal stakeholders and third-party suppliers to agreed service level agreements.
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated, able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions.
- Persuasive written and oral skills with the ability to present and convey ideas.
- Passion for the mental health sector and the work Clarity undertakes.
- Personal integrity and credibility.
- Commitment to self-development.
- Driven to achieve great results.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Energetic, flexible, willingness to work outside of ‘normal’ office hours if required for specific events.
“Clarity embraces diversity and understands that being an inclusive organisation, recognising different perspectives, will enable us to provide excellent services. We are committed to ensuring all our employees are treated fairly at work and promote equity in physical and mental health for all.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: from £25,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Work from home
To register on the Indeed website to access details of this and other job opportunities, go to https://secure.indeed.com/account/register