Voluntary Support North Surrey is currently looking to recruit someone who is passionate about the voluntary sector and is a motivated self-starter who can work on their own initiative.
Voluntary Support North Surrey (VSNS) is an independent charity that supports approximately 1,500 voluntary and community organisations within the three boroughs of Runnymede, Spelthorne and Surrey Heath and their 300,000 residents.
The new post of Charity Development Manager will work directly with charities and community groups in Spelthorne, supporting them to apply for funds. The post holder will help prepare applications so that voluntary organisations can secure the necessary funds to achieve their objectives.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 11th September 2023.
Please share details with anyone in your networks who may be interested in applying or finding out more about this opportunity. Many thanks to Sue Lee for asking us to circulate details.
The job advert reads:
JOB OPPORTUNITY: CHARITY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER at VOLUNTARY SUPPORT NORTH SURREY
o Salary: £30k + BUPA and pension.
o 2-year fixed contract, 36 hours per week, although will consider part-time minimum 3 days per week for the right candidate.
“We are looking for someone who is passionate about the voluntary sector and is a motivated self-starter who can work on their own initiative.
“Our new charity development manager will work directly with a charities and community groups in Spelthorne, supporting them to apply for funds. The post holder will help prepare applications so that voluntary organisations can secure the necessary funds to achieve their objectives.
“The following is typical of the duties the post holder will be expected to perform. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar nature and level may be required from time to time.
- Work with Spelthorne-based charities and community groups to maximise fundraising support.
- Give fundraising advice and support to circa 20 groups per year, working with them to create income-generation action plans.
- Assist organisations to write funding applications and cover letters.
- Deliver training where appropriate
- Work with the Deputy Chief Executive and the VSNS team to deliver events.
- Respond to all enquiries in a timely fashion.
- Attend learning and development opportunities as appropriate.
- Attend and contribute to VSNS team meetings and work with other VSNS employees and volunteers as a team.
- Ensure that all work undertaken is carried out in accordance with Equal Opportunities procedures.
- Work flexibly, as and when required, within the hours of the post.
- Undertake other duties as directed by the Chief Officer
- Contribute to maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment and to act in accordance with VSNS’s policies and procedures.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Alison Morey, Deputy Chief Executive.
Closing date: 5pm, Monday 11th September 2023.