It’s long been an ambition in the GRIN office to offer our own grants programme. We’re now in a position where we’re able to trial a very modest micro-award scheme from the end of March until the end of December 2024.
This is how the GRIN Awards 2024 will work:
1. On the last Friday of each month we’ll be awarding £250 to a registered charity, constituted voluntary group with their own bank account, social enterprise (including Community Interest Companies) or a sports club. The successful charitable organisation will be drawn at random.
2. GRIN grants bulletin and database subscribers may nominate a charity, voluntary groups, social enterprise or sport club to be entered into the draw to receive the £250.
3. A charitable organisation can only be nominated once. This means that agencies with multiple subscribers to the daily GRIN grants bulletin or monthly grants database may only nominate one organisation. Ideally, agencies with multiple subscribers should discuss and agree which organisation they want to nominate. Nominated organisations can be changed at any time.
4. You can nominate your own organisation or any other organisation, providing it’s charitable, not-for-profit and based in the UK (including the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands). Please note that statutory sector organisations (for example, local authorities, town and parish councils, and health services) cannot be nominated, although they can nominate a charitable organisation they’re working with.
5. Organisations nominated must be based in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. The £250 award can be used for overseas projects, but the receiving organisation must be based in one of the aforementioned areas.
6. The award is intended as unrestricted funding. This means the £250 can be used in any way the receiving organisation wants. This could be, for example, to organise a day out for beneficiaries, volunteers, trustees and/or staff, help pay a heating bill or run a recruitment campaign. We won’t be asking recipients to report back on how the money has been used as we’re only awarding a small amount of funding and we know it’ll be used well.
7. While it’s not essential, we would appreciate it if recipients could mention in any information they put out on their website, social media or in-house newsletter that they’ve received a GRIN Award (we’ll include a copy of the GRIN logo when we contact the successful organisation).
8. GRIN Grants 2024 will run from Friday 29th March 2024 to Friday 27th December 2024. We’re just trialling the scheme this year to see how it works and with a view to increasing the amount available in 2025.
9. To nominate a charity, voluntary group, social enterprise or sports club, simply email details to email@example.com. If you have the contact details of a person to contact in the nominated organisation (ideally name, phone number and/or email address), please include this in your email.
10. The first draw will take place on Friday 29th March 2024, but you can add or change nominated organisations at any time throughout the year. The last draw for 2024 will be held on Thursday 12th December 2024.