Many thanks to Philanthropy Adviser Emma Beeston, of the Emma Beeston Consultancy, for reminding us of the following useful free resources for fundraising.
The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) offers a number of online funding and income planning content for not-for-profit organisations to help them become more financially sustainable. The resources, which are free to access, include:
- understanding the grant process, from writing your application to preparing budget bids. Whether you’re a first timer or an experienced fundraiser, NCVO has all you need to know about making your grant applications.
- fundraising methods and tips on how to choose the best approach for your organisation.
- finding grants, changes to grant fundraising during COVID19 and recommended steps for first time grant applicants (please note that the content on Funding Central is out-of-date as this service is scheduled to end on 31 March 2021).
The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) champions the voluntary sector by connecting, representing and supporting voluntary organisations. It works to help voluntary organisations and volunteers make the biggest difference they can by:
- Connecting organisations with the people, partners and resources they need to make the biggest difference.
- Representing the voluntary sector and volunteering to government – using the best research, demonstrating their true value and helping influence policy-makers, and
- Supporting voluntary organisations by generating and identifying the best knowledge and expertise.
For further information about the work of the NCVO, please visit its website.