We’ll provide more details about the Enterprise Development Programme in next Monday’s grants bulletin, but as the Expression of Interest deadline of Friday 25 September is fast approaching, Programme Manager Greg Woolley has asked us to get information out as quickly as possible. Please forward details of the programme to any organisation on your contact list that may be interested in applying.
The Enterprise Development Programme is an England only scheme that offers grant and learning support for charities and social enterprises looking to increase their sustainability by becoming more enterprising. It is currently focused on supporting 4 specific sub-sectors, of which the current application window for Mental Health is one of them (the others – not currently open to applications – are Equality, Homelessness and Youth).
The programme is focused on enabling Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) organisations to generate income from selling products or services, so it is not relevant for all Mental Health VCSEs. However, if your organisation falls into one of the following categories, the programme could be really well placed to help:
- We have a great idea for a product or service we could sell, and have completed some market research but we need some help to fully assess it’s feasibility.
- We have piloted a product or service to sell, but we now need support to fully take it to market.
- We already sell products or services but are keen to grow or strengthen our operations.
What is offered?
Those selected will become a member of the programme alongside others in a similar situation and gain access to packages of support with some or all of the following:
o A peer cohort to share enterprise journeys.
o Grants (up to £30k) to research or test out new ideas, to launch new enterprises or grow existing ones.
o Training and learning opportunities tailored to need, and
o Direct advice and support
The application process:
The programme is currently open for applications until Friday 25th September. There is a two-step application process:
1. Stage 1 – Expressions of Interest close on Friday 25 September 2020.
2. Stage 2 – Full application. Applicants progressing from the Expression of Interest stage will have until midday on Thursday 8 October to complete a Full Application.
If you’d like to talk through the programme further, and/or your potential eligibility, please contact Greg Woolley on email@example.com
For further information about the programme, visit the Enterprise Development Programme website.