The Department for Digital, Culture Media and Sport (DCMS) has published guidance aimed at helping organisations and groups understand how to safely and effectively involve volunteers during the coronavirus pandemic.
The guidance is for people who run volunteer-involving organisations or groups, or manage volunteers.
The guidance includes advice on:
- Who can volunteer
- Volunteering outside the home
- Workplace closures
- Volunteering in groups and around others
- Travelling to volunteer or while volunteering
- Face coverings
- Coronavirus testing for volunteers
- Volunteers in critical roles who can access schools or educational settings
- Accommodation for volunteers
- Ensuring volunteers and their workplaces are safe
- Safeguarding volunteers
- Insurance and volunteers
- Volunteers who claim benefits or who are ‘furloughed’
- Involving volunteers in mutual aid groups and community support groups
- Local information and resources
To access the guidance, follow this LINK to the GOV.UK website.