Applications are now open for the Giving Joy Grants to strengthen & inspire women’s entrepreneurship worldwide. The deadline for applications is Thursday 30th June 2022.
Through its micro-grants and mentorship program, Giving Joy helps women establish or improve their businesses and initiatives—for their benefit and the benefit of their communities.
Grants will range from US $250 to US $500 (£206 to £412) and are awarded in instalments upon completion of specific deliverables. The award amount will be determined by Giving Joy based on proposed activities and availability of funding.
- Women ages 18 and up.
- You can use the grant to start a new business, or expand your existing business. You can also use the grant to start or expand a nonprofit, non-governmental organization (NGO), charity, or propose a specific activity or project you would like to implement.
- You can apply for a grant from any country or state or territory in the world.
- You can propose activities in any field, trade, occupation, or craft. However, your business/organization/idea must focus on women, girls and/or families. And all activities must be LEGAL!
- The grant period is one year.
What is important to emphasize in the grant application?
- Make sure you fill out ALL fields of the online application form. An incomplete application will not be considered.
- Your proposed grant activities MUST have a social benefit to your community and MUST go beyond financial aspects of your business. The more social impact you can illustrate through your idea – the better and the greater your chances of winning the grant.
- They will NOT support activities related to the purchase of merchandise, stock, advertisements, or marketing.
- Be as specific as possible, particularly regarding how you will use the grant funds. For example, if you plan on using the grant for a community event, a training, scholarships, etc. please include a detailed list of the activity you will develop including estimated costs, what the event will include, who is the target audience, and how the event will impact women, girls, and families.
Further information is available on the Giving Joy website.