Nominations for the 2023 WellChild Awards, in association with GSK, are now open. Nominate an inspirational child, young person, young carer, professional or parent carer.
The deadline for entries is Monday 20th March 2023.
The WellChild Awards celebrate the inspirational qualities of the UK’s seriously ill children and young people, along with those who go that extra mile to make a difference to their lives.
The 2023 WellChild Awards Categories
- Child/Young Person Categories
- Inspirational Child or Young Person – A child or young person between the ages of four and eighteen who has kept smiling and defied the odds despite living with a long-term serious health condition.
- Caring Child/Young Person – A special child or young person between the ages of six and eighteen who devotes much of their time and energy freely and lovingly to help care for a friend or sibling who is living with a long-term serious health condition.
- Professional/Adult Categories
- Nurse – A children’s nurse who goes the extra mile for children and young people with serious health needs.
- Doctor – A doctor working with children and young people who goes the extra mile for the children and young people in their care.
- Outstanding Professional – A professional who has worked above and beyond for children and young people living with serious health needs.
- Inspirational Parent Carer – A parent carer who has gone above and beyond the care they provide for their child(ren) living with serious health needs and/or has contributed to improving support for families, or awareness of the challenges they face.
- Members of the judging panel and their family members or friends shall not be permitted to submit an Awards nomination.
- There is no fee for making a WellChild Awards nomination.
- Nominations will only be accepted for nominees based in the United Kingdom.
For more information, please visit the WellChild website.