Spark Somerset, a registered charity (no. 1179438) that aims to inspire strong and sustainable communities through voluntary and community action is currently seeking to recruit a Finance, Monitoring and Impact Manager.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 14 December 2020.
Many thanks to Amelia Norton, Funding Officer at Spark Somerset, for sending in information about this job opportunity. Spark Somerset is also currently advertising for a Communications and Marketing Lead (application deadline Thursday 17 December, details HERE). Please forward to anyone in your contact network(s) that may be interested in finding out more or applying.
The advertisement, which can also be found on the Spark Somerset website, reads:
“We’re seeking an exceptional and dynamic Finance, Monitoring and Impact Manager.
It’s an exciting time to join Spark Somerset. We are a growing, friendly team with ambitious plans for the future, and we’re looking for someone to help us develop and demonstrate the impact of our work, and oversee all aspects of financial management within the charity.
The post holder will be an experienced senior manager with a proven track record in the areas of Finance, Monitoring and Impact. You’ll work closely with the CEO and senior management team, ensuring that our mission and vision is realised through the development and delivery of high quality support for the VCSE across Somerset.
This is a part time post, 22.5 hours per week on a 12 month fixed term contract. The salary is £30k – £32k per annum pro rata, dependent on experience.
Main duties will include:
Financial planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Manage and monitor all aspects of financial management within the charity
- Produce external budgets and reports
- Produce internal budgets and finance reports for individual projects, as required
- Review, update, and report on identified financial risks and issues
- Analyse financial data to identify cost drivers and improve performance
- Fulfil internal financial management and reporting tasks, including Management Accounts for the Board of Trustees
- Work with the CEO to produce the annual report and accounts
- Be responsible for submission of the Charity Commission Annual Return
- Line manage the Finance Officer
Monitoring and evaluation
- Work with the Senior Management team to develop a consistent monitoring framework, to demonstrate progress, measure impact and meet reporting requirements for the charity
- Oversee the collection of robust data and information that will be used in communications and marketing
- Provide technical support and advice to the wider team around monitoring and evaluation
- Lead the development of monitoring and evaluation tools for projects and activities as required
- Responsible for information governance including GDPR compliance
- Responsible for managing monitoring, performance and impact data and processes for the organisation as a whole and individual projects and programmes
- Provide support and guidance to the Voluntary Sector Advice team around monitoring and impact measurement tools, that can be cascaded to the wider VCSE sector
The Finance, Monitoring and Impact Manager will also:
- Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required by the CEO and the Board
- Ensure that the values of the Spark Somerset are promoted at all times
- Promote and adhere to all policies adopted by the Board of Trustees
To apply, please send your completed application form to RECRUITMENT@SPARKSOMERSET.ORG.UK or to the office address below. CVs will not be accepted. the deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 14th December.
If you have any questions in the meantime, or would like to have an informal discussion about the post, please call our CEO, Katherine Nolan, on 01458 550973.”