The annual Farmers Weekly Awards have become a symbol of the innovation and commitment within the UK farming community. They aim to celebrate those who combine top-level business skills with environmental management and contribution to their local communities.
The Awards provide an opportunity to showcase the very best of British farming, rural enterprise and countryside management. The Awards celebrate the men and women who combine top level business skills with environmental management and contribution to their local communities.
Business awards enable organisations to:
- Maximise the visability of their brand – The PR opportunities that come with making an awards shortlist, or a win, means a business will be in the spotlight for all the right reasons. Reputable business awards can generate significant publicity across local and national press and social media, and with the award process running across several weeks, or even months, it provides a constant source of traffic to your website and social pages.
- Evaluate their current business model – awards application process enable businesses to look at how they operate from a different perspective and how they stand out from the crowd through innovation, diversity, growth, customer service, investment in people or strategic thinking.
- Network – Business awards are often judged by successful business owners and being shortlisted can give you the opportunity to discuss your business with leaders in the industry. Additionally, awards attract similar businesses and are an excellent opportunity to network and forge new relationships.
- Increased credibility – Winning a business award clearly differentiates a business from its competitors, and can provide a real competitive advantage when seeking or retaining customers, or speaking to suppliers. When seeking investment, demonstrating that your business received recognition as the best or most promising firm in your field can significantly help your case.
- Boost staff moral and attract new talent – Who doesn’t want to be associated with an award-winning business? and
- Create a point of differentiation – By carefully selecting which category to enter businesses can create a niche to make them stand out from their competitors.
The Farmers Weekly Awards are open to UK farmers who can inspire others to innovate, adopt best farming practices, compete effectively in a global market, and meet the ever-changing demands of today’s society.
The Award Categories are:
o Arable Farmer;
o Arable Adviser;
o Beef Farmer;
o Dairy Farmer;
o Diversification Farmer;
o Grassland Manager;
o Farm Manager;
o Farming Champion;
o Lifetime Achievement;
o Livestock Adviser;
o Mixed Farmer;
o Pig Farmer;
o Poultry Farmer;
o Sheep Farmer; and
o Young Farmer.
The 2019 deadline for applications Thursday 2 May 2019 (coincidentally the date for local authority elections), with the Awards Ceremony scheduled to be held in the autumn.
For further information, visit the Farmers Weekly Awards website or contact:
Tel: 0208 652 3304