The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) has announced details of the projects that will receive a share of the £900 million Getting Building Fund to deliver jobs, skills and infrastructure across the country.
The investment is being targeted in areas facing the biggest economic challenges as a result of the pandemic by supporting the delivery of shovel-ready infrastructure projects, agreed with mayors and Local Enterprise Partnerships to boost economic growth, and fuel local recovery and jobs.
Allocations are likely to be confirmed subject to a satisfactory business case being presented to MHCLG).
Details of all projects earmarked for investment can be found on the GOV.UK website.
For the Heart of the South West LEP, for example, projects earmarked for funding are:
o The Torquay Gateway.
o Brunel Plaza (Plymouth).
o Firepool and Taunton Station.
o Ilfracombe Water Sports Centre, North Devon.
o The Burrows Centre, Northam, North Devon.
o Exeter Bus Station’s Regeneration.
o Enhancement of Future Skills Centre, Exeter Airport.
o Taunton Digital Innovation Centre.
o Welding Centres of Excellence, Plymouth.
o Exeter Science Park Grow-out Hub.
o The Green Housing and Business Programme, and
o Work Hubs and Fitout Project – a programme to deliver a series of 8 work hubs across the LEP
1) Electronics and Photonics Centre and South Devon College – high tech fit-out.
2) iAero – workspace, equipment and support services to support aerospace and advanced engineering.
3) Torbay Business Centre, Phase 2 – providing flexible grow on space in Torquay.
4) Devon Work Hubs – capital grants programme to support rural work hubs.
5) Bruton Enterprise Centre – enterprise and light industrial space in Bruton, Somerset.
6) Plymouth City Business Park – supporting start-ups and scaleups.
7) Centre for Clean Mobility – capital fit out of the new centre for clean mobility at Exeter Science Park, and
8) Health Technology Incubation Hub at Plymouth Science Park.
Devon Work Hubs is a growing community of friendly and flexible work spaces, perfect for home-based and mobile workers, business start-ups, freelancers and entrepreneurs.