Each year there are around 100,000 new trustees, appointed either as trustees of newly registered charities or existing established charities.
The Charity Commission’s new Trustee Welcome Pack is emailed to new trustees to introduce them to the role so that they have a basic understanding of their duties and responsibilities.
- outlines the basics of trusteeship
- summarises what they can expect
- raises awareness of their duties and responsibilities
- explains what needs to be sent to us
- provides reference to more detailed guidance and information
The guide may also be helpful if you are:
- a new trustee who has not received it by email
- an existing trustee who would like to refresh their knowledge
- thinking of appointing or inducting a new trustee
- interested in becoming a trustee.
The Trustee Welcome Pack can be found on the GOV.UK website.